Thursday, October 22, 2009

Five years ago today

Five years ago today, Andrew and I were married at St. Aloysius Church in Kitchener, Ontario. I don't want to spend much time reminiscing about the wedding, as those of you who were there probably remember, and those who weren't, probably don't much care. I do want to say that we have amazing friends and family. We had a relatively low-budget wedding thanks to the talents of the people we knew. Our families provided the music, friends did the photography and food, and other people surprisingly pitched in (such as ushering) when we didn't expect it.

Now Andrew and I live in Edmonton, far away from many of those people. It makes us sad at times that we get to see the people we care about so infrequently, but we've had great opportunities here that we probably wouldn't have had in Ontario. We've also celebrated every one of our wedding anniversaries here. Last year I recall I was rather frazzled over a school homework question (503) and actually postponed celebrations because I had skating that night. Today Andrew and I are both at our respective offices, but we'll go out for dinner tonight.

I count my blessing that Andrew and I met at FASS in January of 2000. I don't know where I'd be, or what I'd be doing with out him, and I'd rather not find out. He supports me in my writing efforts, and although I'm far too old to ever become a star figure skater he supports me in my endeavours there too. He sings For Good with me whenever I play it on the piano and dances with me at other people's weddings. I would never boast that our relationship is perfect, but it's pretty darn good. I love you, Andrew, and I look forward to spending many more years together.


Ciao,

Andrea

No comments: