Monday, December 1, 2008

All most there, really. I can smell freedom, sort of...

I have two assignments remaining and then my first semester is over. I think that's all I have to say about that.

And on to other news...

My mini-NaNoWriMo challenge. Sunday was the last day for NaNoWriMo-ers around the world. The goal, of course, was to write 50,000 words during the 30 days of November, but since I am working part-time and going to school full-time I felt that objective was out of my reach. I was just trying to write as much as time would allow. Unfortunately I currently have no idea what my final tally is. I spent the last week or so writing on paper (very old school, I know) and so can only guesstimate my achievement. When I have time (ha!) I will type the 6 or so pages I have (of very minute script I might add) and report the official number. My preliminary guess is that I wrote approximately 15,000 words.

And for your amusement...

I had a crazy dream Monday morning. I dreamt I was running a marathon inside a shopping mall. First, there was a swimming component (no biking though, hence not a triathlon competition), which took place in a huge wave pool. When you were done the swim you had to exit the pool via a corridor (also filled with water), except because the waves were so big they kept pushing me off course and they made it difficult to see the entrance. When I finally got out of the pool and started to run I was way behind the other competitors and then discovered the run was also a scavenger hunt, which I was pretty mad about. In the end, I finished last because I'd lost so much time from the swim. I hope to run my first half-marathon next spring in Calgary. I hope it doesn't turn out like my dream.

And finally...

Stephanie Dion could wind up Prime Minister after all. These are interesting times in Canada. Interesting times.

Ciao,

Andrea

No comments: